Hey, peeps!

I’m taking a crack at video blogging (or vlogging as the kids call it). I’m still fumbling my way around the YouTubes, but once I get the hang of things this could work out well. Making videos may be a good fit in the new flow of my impending academic life.  And you guys get to see me in all of my early-morning, un-makeuped glory.

Keepin’ it real, folks…keepin’ it, real.

If you want to keep up with all the video fun, boogie on over to YouTube where you can subscribe to my channel and watch this rad video about how hard candy is made!

Comments

1. Lisa L says:

Love the Vlog!! What a great idea!! Multitasking!! A staple in a working parent/students life!!

We can be students together this fall…. I was accepted into the University of Medicine and Dentistry of NJ (soon ti be part of Rutger’s) to complete my bachelors degree. :-O. So I’ll be in the same boat as you in that I haven’t been in school since the Stone Age. Lol!

As for the vegan lasagna….are you vegan now?

OMG, congratulations!!! I had no idea you’d applied to school too. Does this mean we get to haul our old asses down to Daytona next spring break? :-)

• Lisa says:

Yeah!!!! Daytona!!!!!! Lol

Yes. Seeing as I took a leadership position last summer, they highly “recommending” that we get Bachelors Degrees. I dropped out of UofT 3 credits shy of a degree, because being at that place made me sick to my stomach with stress :-(

This program is entirely online and made specifically for health care professionals. It specializes in Healthcare Management and Education.

Ack!!!

Online! That’s some sweet sauce right there.

And to answer your other question, no not vegan or even vegetarian. I just eat a lot of whole, vegan-type food because it seems to help me manage my anxiety/depression. But I do indulge in the occasional bit of cheese or meat (Or unleash the Lion because it’s Mother’s Day and I’m having steak and charcuterie, damn it!)

2. Garner says:

Congratulations, and wow! That will be exciting. I’ve been to SF before and loved it there; I could easily picture myself staying; You may find the same thing. Hopefully you’ll still have time to write your plays; I found university very stimulating, creatively. Being in an intellectual environment, surrounded by other smart people was fuel for my art, so maybe you’ll find the same thing. Oh, and dress in layers; The weather changes dramatically over the course of the day, in my brief experience. -G.

Thanks! And you are bang on about the weather. The MoMs and I have visited SF a few times and each day involved the removal and addition of many layers. :-)