Photo by austinmcgee

Hi peeps,

I was hoping to have a thoughtful and pithy entry for y’all today, but alas, sometimes life gets in the way. I’ve been tussling with my anxiety and depression for a few week now. The worst of it seems to have passed and I’m beginning to see light at the end of this tunnel but I need some extra care to make it through.

For the next few days I’m going to focus on eating well, exercising a little, resting a lot and spending time with people who make me smile. I’ll still be posting, I just won’t be quite as gabby for the next little well.

Thank you for understanding. Having a mental illness is shitty. Having the support of compassionate people makes it much less so.

Nadine

Comments

1. Lynn says:

Tooooootally understandable. Take care of yourself, we’ll be here when you get back.

2. Rick says:

Love, support, respect….did I say love?

3. Rusty Priske says:

Sorry to hear you are feeling unwell.

I know something that might make you feel better… keep looking at the pic you put at the top of this post.

4. Courtney says:

May I give you a big hug?
    If yes,
    ((Hugs))

Let me know if there’s anything I can do.

5. NJ says:

I know the feeling. It’s part of the reason why I haven’t blogged in ages.
    Love ya.

6. Dawn says:

GREAT MOVE! ENJOY…….take all the time you need. LOVE YOU!

7. Gerry says:

I know what you mean. I finally admitted to myself, Susan and friends that i had been suffering from depression for a long time and finally sought some help. Not much to say yet but I have cleared the first hurdle. Keep strong!

8. christo says:

Ok, as someone who enjoys reading your columns, I want to make sure this will never turn into a sad news-story with a video of poetic flash-cards you left behind.

I’ve been through depression and it sucks donkeys! For me, it was like a big weight of nothingness taunting me every second! I thought that a good nap would make it go away. But when I would wake-up, it would still be there! Sadly, I don’t know the complete cure for depression, only that it really does get better! In those moments of sorrow, there are those few surprising moments of joy! For me it was a stray cat that befriended me, the exam that I aced unexpectedly, the boy I was babysitting who just was happy to be growing up, the pool game where I beat the bar champion. Those moments make life so worth it! So worth it, that today, depression does not stand a chance!

Plus I got these questions I want to ask anonymously on a blog about sex. They are questions I can’t really ask a person directly, they’d really think I am weird. This the perfect blog for my anonymous questions about sex.

So get better, make sure you take your drops of vitamine D3 this winter. Check to see if you have a sleeping disorder (in my case, sleep-apnea amplified the whole ordeal) and surround yourself with good friends.