If you’re ever invited to a roller disco here’s what you do.

The ORD know derby AND disco!

1. Accept the invitation. You are GOING to that mother! Eff the pyramids or the Internet and whoever invented the wheel. Roller disco is humankind’s crowning achievement because nothing ever has or ever will top the  glowing, glitter ball magnificence  of jiving to Donna Summer on wheels

2. Ask yourself the following question. Are you:

a. A sensible human being living in this century?

b. A time-traveller from the 1970s

c) Me.

3. If you answered “a” you choose an outfit that is cute, comfortable and most importantly, comtemporary.

4. If you answered “b” or “c” you choose an outfit that is this:

This is what I wore to the roller disco last Saturday. Apparently the dress code has changed a bit since the early 80s, because while the rest of the wheelers were dressed like people from THIS century, I was the lone character in track shorts and leg warmers.

Adorkable on wheels – that’s how I roll!

Comments

1. Amanda says:

I WAS informally invited to this very same roller disco party and I completely forgot it was last week… boo.
    You look slammin’ (that feels like an 80s adjective… let’s roll with it. pun intended). Hope you had a blast :)

It was a rockin’ (rollin’) good time! The organizers told me they hold four roller disco nights a year, so hopefully you’ll be able to make the next one.

2. syrens says:

FuckYeahFabulous! 😀

I was at a burial, so missed the roller disco (alas, for numerous reasons), but I would have totally been wearing leg-warmers (and a micro-mini) right along-side you, trust me. 😀

3. My guy and I have judged this as the only proper way to dress for a roller disco. Also we decided the other people there were wrong. :)

4. emiline says:

I can’t believe no one else was dressed as amazingly as you! As mentioned above, that is the only acceptable attire for a roller disco. Way to rock it!

Despite being the only gal in retro drag, I had the BEST time. And I may have convinced some of the younger patrons that I was hipster, rather than outmoded.

5. Bryn says:

You look awesome! And would have fit in perfectly at our local roller disco. I went last summer, and this is what I wore:

6. Bryn says:
  7. Wendy says:

I initially planned on wearing something flashy and campy but my cowardice got in the way. I paid for my lack of intestinal fortitude in buckets of sweat. Next time I’m taking a page from your book for sure!

Yes! Though wooly leg warmers may increase the sweating. I was in definite need of rehydration by the end of the night.

8. Leandra says:

Hi! I skate with Ottawa Roller Derby. I did a google search for Roller Disco and our flyer from one of our previous discos popped up on your site. I don’t know if you’ll see this message in time but I wanted you to know we are having a disco on Friday, May 3 at Bernard Grandmaitre arena in Vanier! Here is the facebook event for it: https://www.facebook.com/events/484324238296424/