This week I’m putting my money where my tagline line is.

Shoes: Chinese Laundry. Sweater: Aerie. Earrings: Forever 21.

Pants off. Shoes ON!

My recent visit to see Lisa, included a marathon of day shopping. We dropped mad cash all over town, but the majority of my greenbacks were spend at the glorious Discount Shoe Warehouse.

“I want ALL the shoes!” I declared upon entering. However, I don’t have ALL the money (and word is they frown on shoplifting down south) so I pared my selection down to three favourites,  all of which are sure to be in heavy rotation this season.

I’ve always enjoyed shoes, but it’s only very recently that I’ve ventured away from my usual choice of basic black, grey or token pop-of-colour colour, red. Apparently my typical love of colour and pattern stopped at the ankle. Technicolour footwear intimidated me in the past.   ‘When would I ever wear a shoe like that?’ I’d ask myself.

But there’s a time and a place for splashy footwear.  I’m sure I can figure out how to execute these pretties  And at low, low warehouse prices this seemed like to perfect opportunity to test the waters.

I’m also a recent convert to the wedge. At 5’4″ I’m not tiny, but I enjoy having the option of adding another couple of inches to my height if I so choose. Wedges serve both my desire to stand tall and my need for comfort very nicely. It’s come to my attention that some folks have very strong feelings for and against the wedge. Which side of the debate are you on?

FYI, it was my mom who first asked me to do a post featuring my new shoes. Which inspired me to pose pantsless on a table. Guess I know what I’ll be discussing at my next visit to the shrink.

Time to get off the table and onto the couch!

Comments

1. rpriske says:

Allow me for a moment to let me normal sense of reserved decorum drop just a little and say…

yowza

Ahem.

2. Danielle Gregoire says:

Yay sweater/dress and funky shoes! Can you be my fashion consultant please?…and 5’4″? You always seem so tall to me.

I will be happy to consult with you on fashion or anything else! And I probably seem tall because when we hang out I’m often a)wearing shoes or b)sitting down. My torso is disproportionately long – I look much taller than I am sitting down. :-)

3. syrens says:

Gawd, girl, you got legs. Triathalons’ll do that to you. :-)

Triathalons and my father’s genetics. He’s almost 80 and he has the calf muscles of a Greek god. :-)

4. Lisa L says:

Sexy legs lady!!!

I’m impressed you know what DSW stands for?! I didn’t. Lol.

I was a wedge hater. Well, I’m more of an espadrille hater. I enjoy the wedge pump. I still CANNOT find a wedge pump that fits my fat post pregnancy feet. I have completely ruled out patent leather. Lol.

You so fine!! 😛

Aw, thank you!

I only know what DSW stands for because I looked them up on Wikipedia after browsing the website. Isn’t that what all the cool kids are doing these days?

I also prefer the wedge pump, although espadrilles seem to be coming along – I’ve seen some that are a lot cuter than the ones I remember from the 80s.

Thanks again for taking me shopping – and making sure I didn’t spend my kid’s college fund on shoes!

xo

Trackbacks

1. […] also discovered that solid coloured garments are a great opportunity to incorporate funky shoes into my wardrobe. Until recently virtually all my shoes were standard black, brown, grey and silver […]