This week I feel sexy (and pretty) in…

Sweater: Ann Taylor LOFT. Skirt: The Gap. Tights: Sock Dreams. Shoes:Pierre Michel (thrifted)

…pink!

I adore wearing pink. It’s cheery, whimsical and fun – the sartorial equivalent of eating candy!

When it comes to shopping, pink is my black. I know it will work. Pink serves my preference for dressing in colour and the entire spectrum from pale blush to in-your-face fuschia works well with my skin tone. When in doubt I pick pink.

Dress: H&M. Tights: Roots. Boots: Dr. Scholls

I got the idea to pair this dress with boots last summer when Sterling and I spotted another woman rockin’ this same frock with a pair of smart cowboy boots.

The woman worked in a hair salon directly across the road from the patio where Sterling and I were hanging. Girlfriend was stone foxy! We lingered over our icy drinks for quite awhile so we could scope out her hair cutting action and her smokin’ pink style.  Months later,  I feel fetching just knowing I’m in a similar get up.

Dress: Express. Shoes: Feet First. Bag: Old Navy

I’m a Canadian gal with some deeply rooted island heritage.  In Canada nature is represented by the colour green. In the places where my parents, grandparents and great-grandparents were born, the natural world is a technicolour assault of vibrant hues and hot pink is everywhere.

It’s probably no coincidence that when I wear hot pink I feel vital, comfortable and content in my own skin.

I went ga-ga for these argyle tights the moment I saw them on Sock Dream’s website. But despite my deep and abiding love, they actually present a bit of a styling challenge for me.  This is one of only two successful outfits I’ve been able to assemble around these preppy lovelies.

I would like to wear them more, so if those of you with an eye for style have any suggestions I would love some imput, so please comment!

Comments

1. Dawn says:

Love those boots in photo #2. Where does one buy Dr.Scholl boots…..didn’t know they sell shoes. Makes sense though.

Love the red dress too, both style and colour. Looks smashing on you!

Wish I could help you with the argyle tights fashion. No ideas just yet but will let you know if I become inspired. It’s a lovely outfit what you’ve created so far.

Thanks, Mom!

You can order Dr. Scholl’s shoes/boots directly from the website at:

They ship out of the states, there’ll be shipping and duty on top of the list price. My boots came from eBay, which meant they were significantly cheaper but you might find the online auction process a little overwhelming.

I did a Google search for Canadian retailers selling Scholl’s. Apparently Soft Moc carries a good selection:

2. emiline says:

I wish I had suggestions for how to wear those argyle tights, because they are awesome!

And I will also echo the “where does one buy Dr. Scholls boots?” because those are great boots, too.

You really are pretty in pink! It’s a fantastic colour on you.

Thanks, Emiline!

For suggestion on where to buy Dr. School’s footwear check out my response to my mom, above. :-)

A friend on Facebook suggest pairing the tights with shorts. It’s a look I’ve never tried, but it always intrigues me when I see it on other people, so maybe I’ll give it whirl.

• Jec says:

I started weinrag compression socks after my calves tightened up in a spring half marathon and I could barely finish. I was scheduled to run a half marathon the following weekend and weinrag these socks was the only way I could consider running the race. I ended up with a PR. I have used them for the past 7 months and I am pretty happy.I now wear them for all races and long runs. I can definitely tell a difference in my recovery and they also help race performance if I go into a race with tight calves. I only use the brands that have published medical studies. This brand typically requires that running stores measure your calves to ensure you are getting the sock that supports proper blood flow for your size. Definitely give them a try. A number of my running friends are starting to wear them now too.

3. allison says:

I LOVE that pink dress with the tights and boots. For the argyle tights, anything else neutral would work so it doesn’t compete too much with the tights – black dress, gray dress, denim skirt with black shirt or the pink shirt… You look delicious!

Thanks Allison! I like the idea of pairing neutrals with the tights. I sometimes neglect simple neutral pieces while shopping because I’m all “Ooo! Colour! Pattern! Visual interest!” Then I wind up with pieces like the tights, which I can’t easily integrate without looking like some sort of style clown.

Note to self: neutrals are good.

Trackbacks

1. […] spring fling with yellow this year. It’s a more challenging colour for my skin tone than pink, but I am smitten with the hues that invoke images of fresh lemons, buttercups and other summertime […]