What do D-cup sized breasts look like?

Image via: simplybeach.com

This…

Image via:plussize-shopping.com

…and this…

Image via: asos.com

and this!

Contrary to popular assumption, D cup (or higher) does not necessarily equal an extra large helping bosom-pie . Cup size is actually the approximate difference in inches between the circumference of the fullest part of the breast and the the circumference of the underbust (ribcage). A= 1″; B=2″; C=3″; D=4″ and so on….

Personally, I’m a fan of any size!

Image via:inhabit.com

Breast-a-licious!

Comments

1. nick2401 says:

I once read : ” All female breast, no matter shape, size, or colour are beautiful and amazing to the opposite sex” Now I can’t speak to how women see them but as a man I agree with that

I’d never pressume to speak for my gender as a whole, but the quote definitely applies in my case. :-)

2. crazygrrrl says:

This. Explains. So. Much.

I know! At my first professional bra fitting I learned that I’m an E. I objected vehemently and possibly called the staff person’s visual acuity into question. After she explained how cup-sizes are meant to work it all made so much more sense (and my boobs looked phenomenal!)

3. Nat says:

Oh… I want that last bra!!!

Did I mention my latest obsessions with cleavage. I don’t get it but there it is. I’m going to with it.

I don’t know if I want the bra, but I definitely want a cupcake (what else is new?)

I’ve been fascinated with cleavage for as long as I can remember. My mom has fantastic decolletage. As I child I was eager for the day when I would have my own “boob line” (as I called it back then).

Alas. Though I am reasonably endowed, left to their own my breasts seem to prefer going their separate ways. It takes quite a lot of coaxing to pull them together. Usually industrial strength underwire worn with an uber-spandexed tank top will do the trick.

• Nat says:

Mine are the same way, which is why I love my bras from Lilac Lingerie so much. It’s look I have cleavage. Then I make The Man look down my shirt so he can admire. (He has a hard life.)

The plus side of far apart boobs is that you can wear things that are much more low cut without feeling overly exposed.

4. Rachel says:

I got re-fitted recently, and I was pretty shocked to be given a 34E. I consider myself to have completely medium average breasts. Bra sizing is weird.

Seriously. I think the common issue with most women is that they’re wearing a bra band that’s too big. So I guess when you go down a band size, you go up a cup size or two?