This week I feel sexy in…

Coat: Banana Republic (via eBay). Dress: Old Navy. Tights: Foot Traffic. Shoes: Pierre Michel (thrifted)

Bright, bold COLOUR!

This week began with the alleged Blue Monday. The third Monday of January is rumoured to be the most depressing day of the year; a time when the glow of December holidays is long gone and the prospect of a long, gloomy winter drop kicks our spirits (and by extension our libidos).

I wasn’t feeling blue this week, but I was feeling purple…

Blouse: Gap. Belt: Forever 21. Skirt: Ann Taylor (thrifted). Tights: Roots. Shoes: Aldo (thrifted).

…and red!

T-shirt: Threadless. Skirt: Gap. Tights: Foot Traffic. Boots: John Fluevog

I’ve loved colourful clothing for as long as I can remember.  Dressing like a human crayon does good things for the soul. And until the spring’s vibrant palette blooms outside, I can give my spirit a little boost by dolling up in my most vivid duds!

BTW, I wore my yellow ensemble to Kevin’s party this past Sunday. The sunny ensemble was a good choice. The shift dress I wore underneath gave my stomach plenty of room to expand as I gorged on the delicious array of cookies, cheeses, meats, meats with cheese and S’mores.

Finger lickin’ good times!

Comments

1. Lisa L says:

Pretty!!! I love the Banana coat! I saw that you had pinned it before!! Lucky to find it on eBay!!!

I didn’t realize the Blue Monday thing. I was pretty depressed last week….totally related to the loooong gloomy winter ahead!!!

I totally can’t wait to go shopping with you next month! Short Hills bitches watch out!!!!

You don’t even understand. I have been obsessed with that yellow coat since I saw in a magazine in 2004! I used to go to Banana Republic once a week to try it on, but I just couldn’t afford it. When I saw this one on eBay in my size, for a fraction of the price, you best believe I scooped it up right quick. :-)

2. Dawn says:

You been on a shopping spree??? Lo-o-ove the yellow coat and tights, ditto for the purple, black & white, and are the purple shoes new?…. ditto for the red and black as well. Good job!!!……beautiful.

Thanks, Mom!

The purple shoes, yellow coat and black/white skirt are all new-to-me purchases. The skirt and shoes came from a local consignment store and the coat I found on eBay, all for a song!

3. emiline says:

I don’t normally like yellow, but that coat is amazing! All these outfits are fantastic on you.

Thank you!

I find yellow is a tricky colour for me wardrobe-wise. I love the sunny, lemony, buttercup yellows. Mustard yellow, on the other hand, makes me look like I died.