This week I feel sexy in…

Dress: Old Navy. Tights: Sock Dreams. Shoes: Aerosoles.

Wrap dresses!

I’m a big fan of dresses in general, but lately I’ve been smitten with the wrap style in particular.  Wrap dresses are exactly what they sound like – a swath of fabric that wraps around the body, secured by waist ties. Which makes them, in essence, bathrobes executed in more flattering cuts and fabrics.  Comfort meets come-hither!

Dress: Land's End. Tights: Sock Dreams. Shoes: Aerosoles. Beret: eBay.

All of my wrap dresses are V-necks; some more plunging than others.  The 12-year-old inside me still can’t get over the fact that we have boobs! And I can always put a cami underneath for more modest occasions.

Incidentally, this is the offending dress from the New Year’s Eve party.

See? Standing up I look suitably covered.

Dress: H&M (thrifted). Shoes: Seychelles. Necklace: Claire's.

Sitting down…Underpants City!

By the way, I normally wear a coat, boots and all the other Canadian-winter appropriate clothing when I go out. The light in our house sucks for picture taking, so I quickly ran outside for some natural illumination. Arctic air is rather invigorating in five-second intervals!

Hugs and kisses to The Man of Mans for being my fashion photographer!

Comments

1. Michael Roesler says:

You’ve got the best taste!

Thank you. You’re pretty darn fabulous, yourself!

BTW, the green and white dress is my latest purchase from…where else? Old Navy! :-)

xo

2. emiline says:

Those are great dresses! You and your shoes are fabulous, also.

Thanks, Emiline! That’s what I love about wrap dresses. I find them so easy to wear and yet so cute!

I’ve had those black shoes forever. They have fantastic height, they go well with most of my wardrobe and they’re super comfy. They are starting to show their age a little but I just don’t want to let them go yet. Replacing them won’t be easy to be sure.

3. Lisa L says:

Va Va Voom lady!! I LOVE that Old Navy Dress!! My favourite wrap dresses are the DVF dresses. But alas I cannot afford them!! I wish I had a body that looked good in dresses again! Now that I’m emerging from my post-partum haze I’m hoping to fix that.

4. nadinethornhill says:

Sooner or later a DVF wrap dress will appear on eBay, in my size, in my price range and will not be outbid. And on that day, there will be rejoicing!

Also? You are gorgeous and fabulous. Just sayin’.

5. Shora says:

OMG! You look GORGEOUS in those, lady! The new years dress looks stunning on you, which in my book completely forgives the little accidental fashion faux pas 😛

Thank you! I think the key to success with that dress iscamouflage the slit by wearing custom underpants in match fabric

Or, you know, use a safety pin. :-)

6. Lynn says:

I love all three of these, and you look amazing! I would like to request an addition to Fashion Friday – where and when you got your favourite items. Not that I could do them justice but I just like to know where the cool people shop :).

Request granted! I’ve revealed all of my shopping sources in the captions beneath the photos. :-)

7. Oooo, I have a feeling I’m going to learn a lot every friday 😀

Pretty much everything I do fashion-wise I’ve swiped from other smarter, more stylish people. But I’m happy to distill my stolen knowledge and share it with y’all. Think of me as a trend hocker. :-)

8. seenonflickr says:

WOO, so excited that you got your hands on that Old Navy dress and that it is AWESOME!! I love the H&M one, too!

The thirfted H&M dress (undies not withstanding) is fantastic. The H&M purse I bought at Yorkdale is not. It’s already starting to crack around the fasteners.

If I can’t get high quality faux leather goods for $12.95, I don’t know *what* this world is coming to!

Trackbacks

1. […] friend Nadine inspired Operation Fit into Wrap Dress with her Fashion Friday post. I thought DAMN she looks good in those wrap dresses! I want to look good in a wrap dress. I was […]